The 6th Annual Soles for Catholic Education Walk celebrates the success of Catholic schools in southeastern Wisconsin, while raising money to support tuition assistance.
This year's event is on Saturday, October 20, 2018.
- 8:30am In-person registration
- 9:40am Pre-walk warm up
- 9:50am Opening ceremony including 620 WTMJ's Gene Mueller and prayer with Archbishop Listecki
- 10:00am 2-mile walk starts
- 10:00am – noon "Souls Celebration” with refreshments, music and children’s activities
The 2-mile walk will begin in the northwest circle driveway on Mount Mary University's campus. Walkers will proceed north along the Menomonee River Parkway for 1-mile and return to Mount Mary via Menomonee River Parkway.
100% of ALL money donated stays here at St. Anthony to be used for tuition assistance.
St. Anthony has been able to raise close to $15,000 in financial assistance for our families. This is directly due to the generosity of many parents and friends of St. Anthony School!
Did you know? The Soles for Catholic Education event has several activities planned:
- Kids' activities provided by the Milwaukee Admirals, Milwaukee Wave, Pius XI High School, and the local Fire Department! Have your face painted or a button made with your name written in Chinese by the high school students at Pius XI.
- "Stuff the Bus" with gently-used shoes for St. Vincent de Paul.
- Music by "Hot off the Grill"
- The 15 Catholic high schools in our Archdiocese are sponsoring "Treat & Tweet" stops along the walk route. Walkers are encouraged to stop at each tent to pick up a treat, tweet and post updates about the Walk. Take pictures and videos to share at the same time. This is a fun way to bring social media into the mix and get everyone excited about the event. Use the following hashtag on Facebook and Twitter: #SolesWalk
Come join the fun! Email Mrs. Knippel at email@example.com with questions.