Prior listening sessions held by the St. Anthony Common Ground team and Family Program indicate a top concern of MANY people in the Parish is the present Drug Abuse Epidemic.
In response, we will held a Panel Discussion on this issue on Sunday, April 29th.
Our Panel and their lead off topics were:
- Brad Schimel – “Drug abuse really is an epidemic”
- Fr. Tony – “How drug abuse plays out in a family”
- Ben Zimmer, recovering addict – “It happened to me”
- Patrick Tierney - Pharmacist – “Understanding the medical aspects”
- Sgt Nate Wright - Pewaukee Police – “Dealing with the problem here in Pewaukee”
The presentations shown that day are available here:
- St. Anthony on the Lake Drug Abuse Prevention Panel Discussion
- Brad Schimel - Prescription Painkiller Abuse in Wisconsin - Sharing a Dose of Reality
Some key websites for further information are:
- A Message from WI Attorney General Brad Schimel on Prescription Painkiller Abuse
- Download Waukesha Opiate and Heroin Guide
- Alcohol and Drug Prevention Education
- List of Pewaukee High School Community Resources on Drug Abuse
If you have questions contact Dennis Petrie at [email protected].