Staff Member: Mr. Al McCauley, Director of Adult Faith Formation
Mr. Al McCauley, Director of Adult Faith Formation
· I taught Theology and History at Pius XI Catholic High School for 24 years, and I’m excited to come full circle back to parish ministry. I served at Sacred Heart Parish in Racine as the Director of Religious Education for six years prior to my time at Pius.
· I have served as a Religious Studies adjunct for Cardinal Stritch University the past three years. I earned my Master’s Degree in Religious Studies at Stritch in 2009.
· I am proud to be the co-host (along with Fr. Tony) of the Milwaukee Archdiocese’s video podcast series, “Guided By Saints,” and I am a frequent speaker at parishes throughout the Archdiocese.
· My wonderful wife Katie and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last year, and we have three children: Addie (24, and marrying Dominic on June 22!), Clare (20, and entering her senior year at Carthage College), and John (18, and entering Winona State University in August).
· I am an unrepentant “Dad-joke” teller, an absolute history geek, a lover of music from the ‘70’s and ‘80’s, a decent golfer, an average drummer, and I really like to read (especially historical fiction). Oh, and as an Illinoisan by birth, I am a die-hard Bears, Cubs, and Blackhawks fan (but please don’t hold that against me).