On behalf of our dedicated and hard-working faculty and staff, I thank you for taking the time to visit our school and inquiring about the possibility of a Catholic education for your child here at St. Anthony. I invite you to wander through our classrooms, visit with our student ambassadors, talk to our teachers, and dialogue with our principal. It is our hope that your time with us will help you to discover the hallmarks that make St. Anthony a special place for your child to grow and learn: a dedicated commitment to academic excellence, a faith-filled and talented faculty and staff, Catholic-centered formation and service-learning programs, diverse and varied co-curriculum activities, and our newly expanded STEM curriculum!
In these challenging economic times, I know that, often times, difficult choices need to be made in balancing your family budget; but the benefits of a Catholic education for your child far outweigh the sacrifices made. Here are just a few of the many benefits that await your child here at St. Anthony on the Lake Catholic School:
- Strong Catholic values, based on the mission of Catholic education and fully integrated into all programs
- Integration of the school community into the life of the parish through various liturgical events and service projects
- Ensuring that religious formation and education is a priority
- Educating the child in mind, body, and soul
- Providing class sizes that meet the needs of all students
- Offering a challenging curriculum that reflects the Wisconsin State Learning Standards in a safe, caring, and supportive learning environment that encourages lifelong learning and prepares students for high school and beyond
- Provides students with skills necessary to be successful leaders in the 21st century, including state-of-the-art technology and programs that challenge the students to go beyond the core curriculum
- Expanding student service learning opportunities by partnering with St. John the Evangelist Cathedral, Catholic Relief Services, our Sister Parish in Peru, and more
- New leadership, new facilities (gymnasium, 3K, 4K, and 5K classrooms, art/science room, music room, cafeteria), and a new and exciting future
- And much more to come!
These are but a few of the many reasons why choosing a Catholic education is a choice that will benefit not only your child and your family, but our church, neighborhoods, community, and beyond. I pray that your visit with us will strengthen your conviction that a Catholic education here at St. Anthony will indeed be a wise investment that will be paid forward for generations to come.
Fr. Tony Zimmer